Friday, December 29, 2006

4th Edition

I'm going to go on record here.

Either Robert Schwalb or myself should be in charge of 4th Edition. While we would certainly turn out very different products, we would actually be designers who GAME making this product.

Robert's blog (if you don't read it) is filled with information that only a PLAYER of the game would understand. And while 3.0 and 3.5 are solid products in their own right, I would wager that 90% of the product out there was made by people who do not play the game.

Paizo excluded. Dungeon is obviously filled with material by the consumers.

I don't want to go on a rant about the state of the hobby or how we got the present version of DnD that we have.

Rather, let me just say... that unless I'm elected president in 2008, I should be the guy making 4th Edition.

Along with my running mate, Robert Schwalb.

1 comment:

Richard said...

What does it say about me when I would buy 4E if you were doing it, or vote for you if you were running in 2008?

Maybe I am crazy.

Nah, that could not be it.