This is my kind of game, in many ways, which is why I rushed out to buy it (something I never do).
While I won't go too into detail about why I love it (Prince of Persia meets GTA meets Splinter Cell), I do want to say a few words about some things that annoy me.
- As I'm sure you've heard, the game is repetitive. Where GTA has specifically tailored missions that might be similar, they are most definitely different. Because of the repetitive nature of AC, I don't even listen to the NPCs anymore and I just wait for someone to stab.
- There are literally only 3 kinds of missions and 3 kinds of extra-curricular activity.
- Also, the flags are a cheesy gimmick. Collecting them in three minutes has nothing to do with the crusades.
- Holding two buttons to run and jump across roof-tops means there's no timing or strategy to getting around.... which was 1/2 the fun of Prince of Persia.
- I am tired of saving citizens and fighting guards.
- There are some PIXEL issues, but in a game this big, that's bound to happen.
- Killing Templars is cool.
- The Horse Riding is really well done. Great design.
Once you enter the second city and all the missions are the same again, you realize that this game is 9 times the mediocrity.
I give it a B-, because giving it less than that is just reactionary and mean. But it did not live up to the hype.