Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ultimate Toolbox Notes

Not just for D&D, this fantasy book is finally out. People are getting copies, asking questions, and… from what I've heard… generally loving the book. I've been thumbing through it lately, keeping it next to my desk. I seriously wish I had a fantasy campaign to build so I had a justification for using it.

I did brainstorm some ideas for games it goes well with.

Burning Wheel
D&D
Harn. Harn has inspired my writing more than any game world. It's rich, detailed, intelligent world design is just amazing. And it's sad that more gamers prefer the ridiculousness of Eberron and Forgotten Realms over something like Harn or Pendragon.
Any I.C.E. product
In a Wicked Age (some of this stuff makes awesome Oracles)
Pendragon. Requires lots of name tweaking, but there's certainly some room for ideas.
Warlord. Warlord was inspired by Greyhawk and Greyhawk is sort of the starting point for everything.

What I'd really like to do is write up a few new oracles for In a Wicked Age and let fantasy players pick apart the lists for random goodness.

We'll see what I have time for.

No comments: