Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Kublacon

It's been too long a break from posting and luckily for anyone who comes to read this blog, my regular computer is being worked on... so I'm stuck on this water-cooled VAX-encapsulated calculation machine. Also known as a bubble-shaped iMAC.

I just returned from the Bay Area's favorite game convention, Kublacon… run by Japji Khalsa, a perennial feature in the gaming industry. I attended the show from Friday at 2pm until Sunday night at Midnight and had one of the best times I've ever had at any show.

I demo'd Thunderstone and Adventurers many many times.

And I played a few of my own designs with friends as well. However, the highlight for me was playing George's Children, which we haven't played in a long time, Dogs in the Vineyard (with Inquisition-era Paladins), and Tales of the Arabian Nights (by Z-Man games). George's was the best of the games, but we did get in THREE different games of TALES during the weekend.

I also got to see a few friends that I haven't seen in a while.





Someone ran a session of Thunderstone as an RPG. But I didn't get to play in it because I was starving and had to get some food.

Great show. I'm hoping to see everyone there again.

No comments: